Nowadays, staying fit and healthy has become a trend for most people. People step out to gyms for doing different workouts. So, as a gym owner, it’s your responsibility to make them feel relaxed and provide them with a comfortable environment for doing exercises. If your gym has all exercise equipment, proper flooring, good interiors, and basic gym mats then people will love to visit your gym. Now, another thing that most gym owners overlook is gym mats. Maybe it seems like a useless thing but no it’s not! Do you know gym mats can keep one’s body comfortable while performing workouts? Yes, that’s true!
Since workout routines include different floor exercises, functional training, crunches, push-ups, and much more. So, how can you expect one to perform such exercises on a bare floor? Right? So, the best thing about gym mats is that they are available in different sizes for doing different workouts.
This guide will tell you everything about the gym mats importance and how they will benefit the people doing workouts in your gym. Let’s get started with it! Happy Reading!
Mat Benefits in Different Types of Exercise
There are different workout types out there that people enjoy practicing. Not all need mats to exercise; here we are mentioning few where the gym mats are beneficial.
Gym Floor Mats
Gym floors are generally covered with big rubber mats. Apart from protecting the gym subfloor, they help one in performing exercises in a better way. Weights can drop on floors or near someone where they are doing a workout. So, placing the mat beneath certain areas where one does dumbbell bench presses, barbell, dumbbell deadlifts, etc will help them only in avoiding sudden injuries.
Yoga and Pilates Mat
Yoga and Pilates require gym mats to perform since mats provide a non-slippery surface. Also, mats are helpful for doing Pilates as they provide a cushion-like feel to the spine as well as joints at the time of exercise. Since there are many Pilates moves where spine part gets more pressure; it can be painful for people if not doing it on properly cushioned mats.
Yoga too requires mats since proper support is needed for doing different poses. Thinner mats will be enough for yoga as they can prevent one from slipping and help them to balance their body.
While performing exercises one has to place their hips, tailbone, knees, and spine on the floor. So, placing the body part on hard floor can cause pain which may affect one’s workout routine. While doing crunches, fire hydrants, leg lifts, donkey kicks, etc. exercise mats play a vital role.
Benefits of Using Gym Mats while Exercising
Still, wondering about the gym mats benefits? If yes, go through the points below:
- Mats Provide Support and Safety While Exercising: Mats are helpful in balancing as well as stabilizing the entire body. Also, it will make sure that one’s body will remain in place doesn’t matter what moves they do.
- Mats Provide Comfort During Exercises: Workouts mats are known for providing extra padding between the gym floor and one’s body. It will be helpful for people whose body parts are sensitive to hard surfaces and heavy loads.
- Mats Promote Cleanliness: Many people visiting your gym will like to perform their workouts on a clean floor. Whether you have installed rubber flooring, rubber tiles, or anything else; still, they want some protection layer between the gym floor and the body. In this case, gym mats work great.
What to Look for When Buying a Gym Mat?
Let’s dive into few points for buying gym mats to help one in making a better choice:
- Consider the mat size as shorter mats are perfect for doing abs or stretching whereas longer mats are best for doing yoga and long fitness sessions
- Choose a mat that can be cleaned easily and, in less time
- Choose a mat that is durable enough and has protective coating for providing resistance against workout shoes, exercise equipment, etc.
Let’s conclude this guide with the hope that it will help you in understanding the importance of gym flooring. If you want enough foot traffic to your gym then start placing gym mats. Also, ensure to get it from a reliable place in order to buy the best quality gym mats.