What’s your opinion about rubber flooring rolls? What do you think are they beneficial to be installed in gym areas? If you are using it then you might be aware of its benefits but if you haven’t used it before then this post is for you which will guide you through everything regarding the rubber flooring rolls for gyms! In fact, they are the premier gym flooring option to go for. Known for their sleek and sharp looks they are quite durable and are installed in almost every gym space. It’s always a better option to choose the best rubber roll for gym manufacturer and supplier for better outcomes.
Not only commercial gyms, home gym owners, and fitness studios also install rubber rolls on their floors. Let’s start with this guide to know everything about rubber flooring rolls. Happy Reading!
What to Consider for Rubber Flooring Rolls?
In order to choose an ideal rubber flooring roll, one needs to consider the below-given things:
- Thickness: Choosing the correct thickness for the roll will help in preventing sudden injuries, damage to gym subfloor and also ensures floor longevity.
- Appearance: One can choose rubber rolls as per their choice for either natural or vibrant options to contrast their gym area.
- Price: Pre-cut rolls are quite less expensive as compared to custom-cut options.
- Installation: Tape down the flooring for a simple DIY installation. In the case of permanent flooring, it’s better to go with the glue-down method.
Rubber Flooring Rolls Pros
Rubber flooring rolls come with ample benefits. So, before you go with rubber rolls it’s better to be aware of their benefits.
- DIY Installation: There are numerous easy installation options that one can choose to lay down the flooring rolls. For any type of issue, one can get in touch with rubber roll for gym manufacturer and supplier too.
- Ultra-Durable: Rubber is a resilient material that one can use for gym areas. Since it can easily handle heavy traffic.
- Easy Maintenance: Rubber rolls don’t require extensive maintenance for performing well. Just sweep or vacuum it on a regular basis and for deeper cleaning make use of a damp mop.
- Sound and Shock Absorbent: Your gym space will look great and its ultra-thick surface is enough to provide cushion to the joints. Also, there will be no noise in case of falling dumbbells or other heavy equipment
Rubber Flooring Rolls Thickness Options
The most vital decision that one needs to make is the thickness to choose for rubber flooring rolls. Otherwise, it will affect the space look or can curl up from the between. We have different thickness option like 2mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm rubber rolls. So, let’s check out different thickness options:
- 4mm”: They are designed for exercise rooms or home gyms where light equipment is used
- 6mm: They are perfect for fitness freaks who want heavy-duty flooring as they can handle heavy equipment easily
- 8mm”: They are perfect for high traffic areas and this thickness rolls are generally seen in commercial gyms
- 10mm” +: An ideal choice for commercial gyms where one makes use of heavyweight lifters.
Rubber Roll Installation Options
There are many rubber roll installation options that one can choose from. Let’s have a look at some of the installation options for giving your rubber flooring rolls a better look.
- Loose Lay: At times, rubber rolls are quite heavy to remain in place without the need for any extra adhesive. Also, this way you can easily pick them up whenever required and place them in the place you want
- Double-Sided Tape: You can make use of double-sided tape for installing rubber flooring rolls.
- Full Glue Down: Most commercial gym owners chooses the fully glue down option for ensuring no movement or curling up of rolls at the edges. But, after gluing the rolls, you can’t remove them from that place.
Below given are a few tools that you can choose for the rubber flooring installation:
- Double Sided Carpet Tape: Perfect for avoiding movement in the gym flooring
- Seam Sealer: For preventing liquids to seep through the seams
- Adjustable T-square: For measuring and marking the rolls at the time of installation
- Utility Knife: For cutting the rubber rolls perfectly to fit the space
- Knee Pads: Used for providing comfort at the time of installation
Does Rubber Flooring Rolls Smell?
Some rubber flooring smell stronger as compared to others which depend on the type of raw material used. When you will first install it in your gym space, no doubt the smell from the rolls will be much strong.
So, in that case, it’s better to mop the roll by using a mild soap or water solution and let it dry completely. Just repeat the process again a few times for speeding up the process of smell acclimation.
Let’s conclude this post with the hope that it will surely be going to help you in knowing more about rubber flooring rolls for the gym. The Rubber flooring rolls provide great comfort and enhance the entire space. Also, they provide complete support at the time of doing hard workouts and protect the gym subfloor from any kind of damage.